Pages

Monday 7 April 2014

Mihi And Karakia.

Learning the Karakia and Mhih helps  me learn about the Maori pray when ever we start class. Because when we start our learning in class our teacher Miss Clark picks anyone in the class to start the pray and I will always put up my hand to do the Mihi or even the Karakia but most of the times I do the Karakia because I only know the last lines in the Mihi but when I have learned the Mihi I started to say it of by heart. (Here is me  doing the Karakia and the Mihi of the Lyrics.)



Karakia :

E nui tatou ki nga hau o nga rangi mai tawiti
E rere iho nei ki to  moana
Kawea nei i o matou whakaaro
Hei whetu marama
Mo nga mah kei te whai mai
Kokiri toko haera I te ao e , I te ao e . Amen



English :

To the prevaliling winds which sends from afar
Towards a coasteal tide
Carry with you our inner thoughts
Imprint them among the heavens , as a guiding
Constellation
for the tasks aheaad
to strengthen my journey
Each day , each day Amen




Mihi :

He mihi whanui tenei kia tatou katoa
kia koe te rangitira e Muamua tena koe mo to mahi whakamoemiti ki to tautou
matua i te rangi
He mihi aroha tenei ki a koe Miss Clark
tena koe .
Ka huri au ki nga tauira , Kia ora koutou katoa No reira tena koutou , tena koutou , Tena ra koutou katoa. Amen




English :

 This is a greeting to all of you here
to you the leader Muamua greetins to you
for your work starting the prayerto our
heavenly father this is a greetings to you
I now turn to the students , Hi everyone

Therefore greetings once greetings twice , greetings again to us all. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment